Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Japanese chic. Back to basics.

I have not been feeling myself lately. Many things have happened. Things you never know when they will come around the corner and smash you in the face. Of course you know they are somewhere out there, but you don’t expect them, and when they come it hits you so much harder. But - I’m still breathing... They say what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger. So in order to become me again I’m going back to basics, to things I like and love doing. Like photography, writing, fashion, music, culture…

I’ve always had a fascination for a Japanese culture. Their sensibility and sensitivity. Starting with their tradition, ancient culture, and some (not all) of the ‘crazy’ unimaginable things they are doing today. Another world, different, but so similar. Today I received a newsletter from one of my fav online stores La Garcone
themed La chic Japonaise. And the imagery just brought me back to remember the things I like so much.

Yohji Yamamoto
, Limi Feu, Rei Kawakubo, Issey Miyake and Kenzo are only one of them. And then an architect I discovered only lately Junya Ishigami, SANAA architects, Kanebo cosmetics, Haruki Murakami, Japanese green tea, cherry blossoms, etc… and some of La Chic Japonaise.




No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin